You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Tourists jailed for raping drunk woman in Dubai hotel

Khaleej Times logo Khaleej Times 09/08/2017 Marie Nammour
Tourists jailed for raping drunk woman in Dubai hotel © Provided by Khaleej Times Tourists jailed for raping drunk woman in Dubai hotel

Three Saudi tourists, including two brothers, aged 25 and 27, on trial for raping a Moroccan woman after inviting her to party in their hotel room, have each been sentenced to 10 years in prison to be followed by deportation.

Public Prosecution records show the three men, all in their 20s, met the 33-year-old woman outside a nightclub and invited her over to their hotel room.

However, once in their room, the three men took turns raping her while covering her face with a pillow.

They also made her perform a sexual act on each one of them. The Court of First Instance convicted them on Wednesday of charges of rape, sexual assault and forcible theft, to which they earlier pleaded not guilty.

The incident took place on January 20 at a hotel in Al Muraqqabat.

The victim, who is a clerk, was referred to the Court of Misdemeanors on a charge of consuming alcohol without a license.

She told the investigators she was with her Algerian friend, 37, outside a nightclub when the three men invited her to go to their place. "My friend declined to go and went home. They offered me later alcohol in their hotel room and they drank too. Shortly later, they pretended they were fighting to lure me inside the bedroom. I sat on the bed next to one of them (the 27-year-old) but he suddenly grabbed me and forced a pillow on my face and they raped me one after the other," she said.

She was also sexually assaulted while one of them was filming it with his mobile phone.

After they left the room, she got dressed and was about to call the police but she was surprised by them coming back. One of the brothers pushed her and snatched her mobile phone and ran out.

"I heard from her the three men raped her after threatening to kill her. She was referred to the Criminal Evidence Department where her clothes were seized for DNA tests," a police lieutenant said.

The 27-year-old accused was left with visible scratches on his face, neck and chest, caused by the victim's resistance.

The forensic report and criminal evidence lifted from the crime scene showed the victim was indeed raped that night by the three accused.

The ruling may be appealed within 15 days.

More from Khaleej Times

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon