You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

News Top Stories

Julian Cadman's mum speaks for first time

9News.com.au logo 9News.com.au 14/11/2017 9NEWS

The mother of Julian Cadman, the little boy tragically killed in the Barcelona terror attack, has spoken for the first time.

Jom Cadman told News Corp she doesn't sleep and missed her son "every hour" since the horror attack claimed Julian's life in August.

She was left hospitalised in a critical condition when they were caught up in the chaos on the popular tourist spot Las Ramblas.

Ms Cadman, 43, said she loved being a mum "but it's all gone.

"Julian was a blessing, who brought so much joy to our family," she said. “We have to try to be positive, to take one day at a time but I know life will never be the same.

“I just want Julian back, I don’t know why I survived and he didn’t."

Julian Cadman © AAP Image Julian Cadman Ms Cadman saud she was holding Julian's hand when he was ripped from her during the attack.

"He had such a lovely day and I had bought him a toy and torch because he had been such a good boy when we came out of the shop and he was snatched from me," she said.

“I don’t remember much, apart from the doorstep of the toy shop. Someone came to help me but I told them ‘I have a boy, he’s in white, please find him.’

“I’ve have had a lot of surgery, all of it in Spain, but it doesn’t hurt one bit.

“The biggest pain is in my heart; I want him [Julian] back."

Ms Cadman was confined to a hospital in Barcelona for the first three weeks after the attack where she underwent three rounds of extensive surgery to fix her shattered legs and pelvis.

She returned to Sydney on September 6 and was able to farewell her son at St Patrick's Cathedral in Parramatta on November 4.

Ms Cadman is wheelchair-bound but Spanish doctors believe she will walk again.

More from 9News

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon