You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Boy, 5, saves two-year-old sister and dog from house fire

Sky News logo Sky News 3 days ago Isobel Frodsham, news reporter

a close up of a man in a blue shirt: Noah Woods only suffered a minor burn in the blaze © Other Noah Woods only suffered a minor burn in the blaze A five-year-old boy has been named as an honorary firefighter after saving his family from a blaze.

Noah Woods found his bedroom was on fire after waking up in his home in the US.

A spokesman for Bartow County Fire Department said the youngster helped his two-year-old sister Lily and pet dog escape through a window before alerting his uncle, who lived next door.

They then got the rest of his family out of the house.

Speaking to WSB-TV2, he said: "I don't know where the flames came from. I picked Lily up, got to the window with Lily, got the dog and got out. That's it."

His grandfather David Wood praised Noah for his heroic efforts. He said: "If it wasn't for Noah, I mean, we were all asleep, so we wouldn't have known what was going on. We could've all lost our lives."

He added: "Nobody got hurt, we got smoked up a little bit, but we're all still alive."

Noah suffered a small burn on his wrist as a result of the fire on Sunday, February 9 but otherwise was unharmed. His other family members were treated for minor burns and smoke inhalation.

In a statement posted on Facebook, Bartow County Fire Department said: "Noah is credited for saving himself and seven other family members.

"On Friday BCFD Chief Dwayne Jamison will recognise him as an Honorary Bartow County Firefighter and present him with a Lifesaving Award. Our hero!"

The cause of the blaze was later confirmed to be electrical.

AdChoices
AdChoices

More from Sky News

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon