You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

David and Victoria Beckham shut down reports their family will star in Kardashians-style reality show as they 'fiercely guard private lives'

Mirror logo Mirror 11/02/2018 Jessica Gibb

a group of people posing for the camera © Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited David and Victoria Beckham have shut down reports they want to take on the Kardashians by launching their own reality TV show.

Reports claim the power couple want to cash in on David, 42, launching his own football team in Miami and Victoria, 43, reuniting with the Spice Girls, by letting cameras into their lives.

The Beckhams were in talks with E! Entertainment - the American TV network that produced 14 seasons of Keeping Up With The Kardashians - it was claimed.

a man standing on a sidewalk: Credits: Splash News © Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited Credits: Splash News Posh Spice's first foray into reality TV was a flop as Victoria Beckham: Coming To America was soon cancelled by NBC in 2007 when it drew only 4.9 million viewers.

"Coming to America didn't really work in the way we had hoped but a show featuring all the Beckhams, including the children, is a whole different ball game," an NBC executive told the Sunday Express.

Another source added: "Victoria always wanted to be seen as royalty, but now she’d like to share more of her silly side.

"She’s telling the family they can make this a hit."

Credits: Splash News © Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited Credits: Splash News But a spokesperson for the Beckhams has insisted they would never want that "level of intrusion" into their private lives.

"David and Victoria respect and fiercely guard their private lives at home away from their public lives and would never want that level of intrusion in their lives," the spokesperson told Mirror Online.

Last month, Victoria denied she was unhappy with her husband's decision to move to Miami.

a group of people posing for the camera: Credits: Instagram/victoriabeckham © Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited Credits: Instagram/victoriabeckham The mum-of-four was reported to think David's move away from the family home in London was "selfish" by the Sun.

"She is seething, devastated and furious," a source told the paper.

"Having to spend so much time away from the family will put a real strain on things."

a person standing in front of a store: Credits: Splash News © Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited Credits: Splash News But as she walked her skipping six-year-old daughter Harper to school in London, a source close to Victoria denied that the move is putting strain on their 18-year marriage.

"David and Victoria are joint shareholders in their business, this was a joint decision and the whole family sat and discussed this and are hugely excited by this great opportunity," a source close to the family said.

"They are all looking forward to spending time in Miami."

a man and a woman walking down a street: Credits: Instagram © Provided by Trinity Mirror Shared Services Limited Credits: Instagram While they're already planning trips to the sunshine state, their three youngest children - Romeo, 15, Cruz, 12, and Harper, six - will stay in school in London while their dad relocates.

Victoria also balances work commitments in New York with the children's needs.

For more of the most popular News, Sport, Lifestyle & Entertainment on MSN, Follow us on Facebook, and on Twitter


AdChoices
AdChoices

More from The Mirror

AdChoices
image beaconimage beaconimage beacon