You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

LA police investigating Hollywood paedophile ring claims made by Corey Feldman

The Guardian logo The Guardian 09/11/2017 Gwilym Mumford
UP NEXT
UP NEXT

Watch: LAPD investigating sexual assault allegations filed by actor Corey Feldman (Provider: CityNews)

The Los Angeles Police Department is investigating claims made by actor Corey Feldman concerning an alleged paedophile ring in Hollywood.

LAPD detective Ross Nemeroff confirmed to the Hollywood Reporter that an investigation had been launched by the department following a report filed by the former child star on Monday. “When a report is filed on something as severe as this, an investigation is opened by the robbery/homicide division, which also handles sex crimes,” he said.

Feldman, who announced on Twitter that he had filed a report to the LAPD, has long alleged that a systemic culture of underage abuse exists in Hollywood. In his 2013 autobiography Coreyography the actor claimed that both he and late actor Corey Haim were molested as children, and blamed Haim’s abuse for his death in 2010 at the age of 38.

Corey Feldman on TV in the US, October 2017. © Getty Images Corey Feldman on TV in the US, October 2017.

Last month Feldman announced that he was seeking funding for a film that he said would expose alleged offenders. “Right off the bat, I can name six names, one of them who is still very powerful today,” he said, but added that he was unable to divulge the identity of the individuals involved due to potential legal repercussions and fears over his family’s safety.

On Wednesday, actor Charlie Sheen denied allegations that he had sexually assaulted Haim on the set of the 1986 film Lucas, when Haim was 13 and Sheen was 19. The claims, published in the National Enquirer, were made by actor Dominick Brascia, a longtime friend of Haim’s, who said that Haim had told him about the incident.

“Charlie Sheen categorically denies these allegations,” a spokesperson for the actor told the Hollywood Reporter.

Rumours of organised child abuse in Hollywood have intensified in recent weeks following both Feldman’s allegations and the re-emergence of the 2014 documentary, An Open Secret. The film, which alleges sexual predation of children by industry figures, failed to receive a theatrical or distribution deal when it was released in 2015, but has since been made available to view for free on the streaming site Vimeo, where it is said to have attracted millions of views.

22 Hollywood and Media Heavyweights Accused of Sexual Misconduct Since Harvey Weinstein (Provider: TheWrap)

Brett Ratner, James Toback, Kevin Spacey posing for the camera 22 Hollywood and Media Heavyweights Accused of Sexual Misconduct Since Harvey Weinstein

AdChoices
AdChoices

More from The Guardian

AdChoices
image beaconimage beaconimage beacon