You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Elon Musk says Twitter deal ‘temporarily on hold’

Elon Musk has said he is “still committed” to his deal to buy Twitter, after revealing on Friday that the takeover is “temporarily on hold” over details around the number of spam and fake accounts present on the site. The billionaire Tesla owner agreed a £34.5 billion deal to take over the social media giant last month, pledging to improve free speech on the site and remove fake accounts. But in a tweet on Friday, Mr Musk said the deal is now on hold “pending details supporting calculation that spam/fake accounts do indeed represent less than 5% of users”. He tweeted again two hours later, adding “Still committed to acquisition”.
image beaconimage beaconimage beacon