You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Autos Top Stories

Pope-owned Lamborghini Huracán fetches Rs 5.81 crore

Autocar India logo Autocar India 16-05-2018 Firoze Irani
a car parked in a parking lot: Pope-owned Lamborghini Huracán fetches Rs 5.81 crore © Firoze Irani Pope-owned Lamborghini Huracán fetches Rs 5.81 crore

A Lamborghini Huracán that belonged to the current Pope featured custom paintwork along with his signature. It was auctioned for USD 8,61,575 (Rs 5.81 crore). This record price is more than four times that of a standard LP 580-2 in the United States (USD 1,99,800; Rs 1.35 crore). The Huracán – which was gifted to Pope Francis back in November 2017 – took centre-stage at this weekend’s RM Sotheby’s Monaco Sale.

In pics: Take a look at most expensive supercar in the world

(Slideshow by Motor Trend)

The car was customised through Lamborghini, ad personam, and inspired by the Vatican City flag. The body is finished in a white Bianco Monocerus paint job with golden-yellow Giallo Tiberino stripes running down the centre of the vehicle and around the windows. Other than the cosmetic differences, the supercar remains unchanged. The LP 580-2's 5.2-litre V10 makes 571hp and 540Nm of torque. Power is sent to the rear wheels through the seven-speed, dual-clutch, automatic gearbox. Being the rear-wheel-drive model, it weighs 33kg less than the AWD model.

The sale of the supercar will benefit a number of charities. 70 percent of the funds have been allocated to the city of Nineveh, Iraq – a city that was heavily attacked by ISIS. The remaining 30 percent will be equally divided and given to three other charity groups. At present, the price of a regular Lamborghini Huracán LP 580-2 in India is Rs 3.22 crore (ex-showroom, India).

Also watch: BMW all set to bring M2 to India

Replay Video

(Video by NDTV)

More from Autocar India

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon