You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

London Bridge attack: Death toll rises to six, three suspects shot dead

LiveMint logoLiveMint 04-06-2017 David Milliken

London: At least six people were killed by attackers near London Bridge on Saturday, police said.

Police said three attackers drove a vehicle into pedestrians on London Bridge and then stabbed people in Borough Market.

“Armed response officers then responded very quickly and bravely and confronted the three male suspects who were shot and killed on Borough Market,” Mark Rowley, Britain’s top anti-terrorism officer, said.

“Sadly, six people have died in addition to the three attackers shot by police,” he said.

Also Read: London terror attack: Donald Trump offers help to Britain

“The suspects had been confronted and shot by police within eight minutes of the first call. The suspects were wearing what looked like explosive vests but these were later established to be hoaxes,” he said. Reuters

More From LiveMint

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon