You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Pak alleged of ‘abandoning’ Sindhi flood victims at UNHRC

Amid Pakistan witnessing a worsening situation over managing last year’s flood victims and their misery in the midst of a plunged economic status, World Sindhi Congress General Secretary Lakhu Luhana on March 24 in Switzerland’s Geneva alleged the country of ‘completely abandoning’ millions of Sindhi flood victims. Presenting the statistics of the disaster faced by the Sindhi people, Luhana said that Sindh is bearing more than 70 per cent of the losses, where, more than 20 million were impacted and more than 8 million became homeless in Sindh due to the flood. “The destruction caused by last year’s mega floods and torrential rains is unprecedented in the recent history of Pakistan, impacting more than 30 million people, Sindh bearing more than 70% of the losses, more than 20 million were impacted and more than 8 million became homeless in Sindh,” Luhana said. The allegations were made during the 52nd Session of the UNHRC in Geneva.

UP NEXT

UP NEXT

More From Dailymotion

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon