You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

I-League 2017: Bengaluru FC 0-0 Mohun Bagan - Referee takes centre-stage as Blues hold Mariners logo 11-03-2017

Bengaluru FC and Mohun Bagan were involved in a goalless draw in the 2017 I-League at the Sree Kanteerava Stadium in Bengaluru on Saturday. The Mariners were down to ten men in the 69th minute as Subhasish Bose saw a second yellow. Katsumi Yusa' header from a Sony Norde freekick was overturned in the 85th minute after referee CR Srikrishna adjudged him to having fouled Arindam Bhattacharya.

© Provided by

The home side made one solitary change to the lineup that drew against Chennai City FC, with Eugeneson Lyngdoh in for Mandar Rao Dessai.

As for the visitors, the injured Debjit Majumder made way for Shilton Paul, while Jeje Lalpekhlua started on the bench to accommodate Darryl Duffy. Bagan started the game the better side as Katsumi Yusa was running rampant down their right. He nearly set Balwant Singh through in the fourth minute, but Arindam Bhattacharya read it well and came out to collect it. Both sides had settled into a rhythm as Bengaluru were trying to patiently sit and build-up play, while Bagan were going for it with a high press. A mistake by Eduardo Ferreira meant that Sunil Chhetri was through on goal in the 17th minute, but he handled the ball while winning it and the referee spotted it to Ferreira’s relief. The high pressing game led to a few turnovers in the middle, but halfway through the first half, Bagan were creating more chances than Albert Roca would have liked. Bengaluru were resorting to taking potshots from the edge of the box, with Eugeneson Lyngdoh especially getting a few opportunities, but there was little else going on for them. Bagan had the chance of the night right before the edge of half-time when Yusa’s outswinging freekick was met by Balwant, but Arindam punched it away. More to follow...

More from

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon