You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Teen burnt in vapour explosion dies

Radio New Zealand logo Radio New Zealand 18/08/2017
No caption © RNZ / Laura Tupou No caption

A teenage girl who was badly burned in an explosion in a South Auckland house has died after two months in hospital.

Three people were injured three when they tried to light a cigarette after sniffing petrol at a home on Lappington Road in Otara in June.

Police said 15-year-old Kelly Amani died in hospital last Friday.

The matter has been referred to the Coroner.

More From Radio New Zealand

Radio New Zealand
Radio New Zealand
image beaconimage beaconimage beacon