You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Alleged victim says he wasn't kidnapped

NZ NewswireNZ Newswire 1/12/2014
Mr Armstrong's Facebook page now says there was no abduction. © Facebook Mr Armstrong's Facebook page now says there was no abduction.

A man at the centre of an alleged kidnapping in Central Otago has taken to Facebook to say he was never abducted.

Two men have been arrested and two others are still being sought by police after the incident, which police say was last Tuesday.

They are all alleged to have abducted 22-year-old Queenstown man Joseph Armstrong, who police say was in need of medical attention when they found him in central Queenstown just before midnight on Sunday.

But Mr Armstrong's Facebook page now says there was no abduction.

"This is a joke I will get all of these allegations of kidnapping dropped this is buls*** I am free and always have been," the post says.

"My location on facebook is on so it will take u straight to me and u see for ur self."

Several comments in reply to the post expressed incredulity.

"Are u sure ur not lying for them coz theyre threatening u and ur family or something ??? Seems abit weird that the kiddnapping s*** even started if u werent..," one poster said.

Another said that if it was intended as a joke it wasn't funny, while a third called on him to apologise and post a dated photo of him looking happy if there was no kidnap.

Police could not be contacted about the claims, but they have released a statement saying they are still seeking Pita Wilson, 38, and Joshua James Veint, and warned they should not be approached.

Otago Rural acting area commander Inspector Olaf Jensen says Wilson is believed to be in the Queenstown area, while Veint is thought to be in Southland.

Wilson played NPC rugby for North Harbour and Southland, and also for the New Zealand secondary schoolboys team in 1995.

A 17-year-old man is due to appear in Queenstown District Court on Monday charged with kidnapping, following his arrest early on Sunday.

Police also arrested a 36-year-old Queenstown man in Invercargill on Saturday night. He was charged with being an accessory after the fact to injuring and was released on bail.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon