You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Auckland City Limits postpones festival

NZ NewswireNZ Newswire 8/11/2016

The successful Auckland City Limits festival will not be returning next year, as it had originally planned.

The organisers of the event had said another festival would go ahead just one year after the first, in March 2017, but have now said it's been postponed until 2018.

Campbell Smith said earlier in the year it would return to Western Springs stadium and park on March 11, 2017.

"We have some amazing artists coming and we are already working hard to ensure ACL 2017 will be bigger and better."

However, he now says "It was a brilliant event that we are proud of and want to expand on in the future. We remain committed to bringing the best Auckland City Limits experience possible to New Zealand.

"We will return in March 2018 with an equally strong artist line up."

25,000 festival-goers passed through Western Springs's gates last year, where a line-up of more than 40 international and Kiwi acts played, including Kendrick Lamar, The National, Action Bronson, and Broods.

The all ages music festival is based on the Austin City Limits Music Festival in Austin, Texas.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon