You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Brussels terror attack: Brother and sister missing after 'phone cut out during airport bomb blast'

Mirror Mirror 23/03/2016 Gemma Mullin

A family has made a desperate appeal for a brother and sister feared missing after the deadly terror attacks in Brussels .

Sascha and Alexander Pinczowski were reportedly on the phone to relatives to let them know they had safely checked into Zaventem Airport when the bombs exploded and the line went dead.

The family member said they heard an explosion and glass shattering before the call cut off, the Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad reported.

Since then their family have been unable to reach the pair, who were travelling back to their home in New York, yesterday morning.

© Provided by Mirror © Provided by Mirror

Their mother has reportedly been searching Facebook for news of her children since the attacks, which has left at least 34 people dead and almost 200 injured.

A post shared by Karen Van Suijdam said: "We are still looking for Alexander Pinczowski and his sister Sascha.

"They are missing in the Brussels airport attack since this morning. Please contact if you have seen them or know about their whereabouts. Please share!!!

© Provided by Mirror

"Alex is about 1.85m- brown short hair, beard, brown eyes, diabetic!!! Sascha is about 1.60m- dark brown long straight hair, brown eyes. They are brother and sister."

© Provided by Mirror © Provided by Mirror

The pair's father is from Maastricht, in the Netherlands, where he works as a lecturer at Hotel Management School, according to Algemeen Dagblad.

© Provided by Mirror

According to Sascha's Facebook page, she is from Vouliagmeni, Greece, but now lives in New York.

Her brother's profile lists Manhattan as his home.

Meanwhile Brit David Dixon has not been in contact with his partner since the bombs went off and may have been on the Brussels Metro at the time of Tuesday's explosion at the Maalbeck underground station.

The IT programmer, who lives in Brussels but is originally from Hartlepool, County Durham, was travelling to work but did not arrive at his office.

Friends on social media have been appealing for information on his whereabouts and asking anyone with information to contact his partner Charlotte Sutcliffe.

The first confirmed fatality was named as 37-year-old Adelma Tapia Ruiz, a mother of two from Peru, by the country's foreign ministry.

The international manhunt for the Brussels suicide bombers' accomplice is continuing as police released new pictures of the fugitive which show his face up close.

Belgium has entered its second day of mourning over the terror attacks that shook Europe in which 34 people are known to have died and at least 198 - including two Britons - were injured.

Replay Video

More from The Mirror

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon