You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

$1 million reward to help find William Tyrrell

AAPAAP 11/09/2016

<span style="font-size:13px;">William Tyrrell disappeared from his grandmother's yard two years ago.</span> © AAP Image William Tyrrell disappeared from his grandmother's yard two years ago. The NSW government has announced a reward of $1 million for information that leads to the recovery of William Tyrrell, who disappeared from his grandmother's yard two years ago.

"That's one million reasons why somebody that's out there that knows what's happened should come forward and talk to us," Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione told reporters in Sydney today.

"It is a unique announcement here in New South Wales. We've never had a $1 million reward ever before," Mr Scipione said.

Strike Force Rosnan has reportedly been given information about 600 persons of interest in relation to the case, and extra resources have been assigned to the investigation.

Police have previously said the three-year-old could have been the target of a pedophile ring in the north coast region.

William, dressed in his favourite Spiderman suit, was last seen playing in the front yard of a house in Kendall on the mid-north coast on the morning of September 12, 2014.

Mr Scipione said the case had "captured the hearts and minds of the nation".

Premier Mike Baird says he hopes the reward will help bring back William to his family.

"Those million dollars, we hope, encourages anyone with any information to come forward. To come forward to reunite William with his family," he said.

The man in charge of the investigation, Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin, said today it was "unacceptable that two years down the track we haven't found out what's happened to William."

He said police had numerous lines of inquiry and hoped that the reward would be another tool to help find out what happened to the youngster.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon