You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Firefighters clean up Auckland acid spill

NZ Newswire logoNZ Newswire 12/01/2017

Two people have been injured in Auckland after a fork lift punctured a drum containing nitric acid.

A Fire Service spokesman says crews are at the scene on Waipareira Avenue in Henderson cleaning up the spill.

The drum had a 200-litre capacity and about 150 litres of the highly corrosive acid spilled out, leading to an evacuation of the building.

Two employees of the company were affected by fumes and taken to hospital with injuries described as moderate.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon