You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Henare unsure if Webster's days are done

NZ Newswire logoNZ Newswire 21/12/2016 Angelo Risso

Corey Webster © Jason Oxenham/Getty Images Corey Webster New Zealand Breakers boss Paul Henare admits he's uncertain if guard Corey Webster will ever wear the NBL side's colours again.

Webster, 28, was hit with fresh charges on Tuesday for his alleged role in an early-morning Auckland bar incident, including assault and assault with intent to injure.

He will next appear in court on Thursday, having already been placed on indefinite injury leave by the Breakers to recuperate from niggling injuries.

Henare told reporters the club would let the case play out in court before acting, but couldn't confirm Webster would stay on.

The Breakers had been surprised by the extra charges laid against their star man, given his version of events and protestations of innocence.

He is yet to enter a plea in court.

"Things may change in terms of how that case plays out for him, (but) until then we're in a bit of limbo," Henare said.

"Nothing changes from our point of view in terms of what Corey has told us, and right from the start he's come in and said he's innocent."

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon