You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Homes to get power back after Cook

NZ Newswire logoNZ Newswire 17/04/2017

Electricity suppliers will be out on Tuesday restoring power to the last North Island homes still cut off after Cyclone Cook.

Cook tore through the Bay of Plenty, East Coast and Hawke's Bay last week, knocking out power to as many as 40,000 homes.

Lines crews spent Easter weekend trying to reconnect pockets of homes still cut off, largely in rural areas.

In Hawke's Bay, about 20 Unison customers remained affected by outages on Tuesday, but most have had their power partially restored.

In Bay of Plenty, Horizon Network's crews spent Monday reconnecting power to about 100 customers in the Whakatane District, while Eastland Network said about 30 properties in the Gisborne region were still without power.

Eastland earlier said most of the damaged power lines to its remaining customers without electricity were in difficult to access locations.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon