You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Kiwi actor faces more charges

NZ Newswire logoNZ Newswire 7/02/2017

The Kiwi actor accused of sex crimes against several of his acting students now faces more charges.

The two charges of indecent assault were filed in Auckland District Court on Tuesday for the man's alleged offending against a woman in 2013.

The extra charges come after he had already gone to trial in December over two charges of sexual violation and 10 charges of indecent assault for alleged offending between 2010 and 2013.

However, after two days of evidence, his trial was abandoned. The reason for the abandonment is suppressed.

Prosecutors told the court, the actor inappropriately touched his students during one-on-one classes.

The defence said the women had colluded to make up the charges against the man.

The new charges mean he now faces 16 counts after two charges were also brought against him in December, shortly after his trial was abandoned.

He is due to appear in Auckland District Court on Thursday to discuss whether he will retain name suppression.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon