You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Manly's Kennedy cleared after injury scare

NZN 12/04/2017

Manly forward Jarrad Kennedy has been cleared of serious injury after he hurt his neck during opposition drills at a training session.

Kennedy was rushed to Mona Vale Hospital for precautionary scans on Tuesday but has since been released and was back with the playing group on Wednesday.

"I'm feeling OK. It was scary at the time but the staff took all the necessary precautions and I was in good hands," he said.

"I hope to be cleared to play in a few weeks," he said.

Manly skipper Daly Cherry-Evans admitted it was a nervous moment watching a teammate suffer a potentially serious injury in an innocuous training drill.

"It's just uncommon for those things to happen at training," Cherry-Evans said.

"That's the scary part to it - no one has seen someone hurt themselves at that extent at training."

The Kennedy injury comes as key forward Martin Taupau is sidelined indefinitely with busted ribs, while veteran Nate Myles will be rested from this week's clash against Melbourne.

Winger Akuila Uate returns after being a late withdrawal from last week's loss to St George Illawarra with a groin issue, while Lloyd Perrett makes his first appearance since round one.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon