You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

National gains in latest poll

NZ Newswire logoNZ Newswire 28/02/2017

Prime Minister Bill English © Hagen Hopkins/Getty Images/Getty Images Prime Minister Bill English National has gained support in the latest opinion poll, which shows the governing party well ahead of the labour/Greens alliance.

The Roy Morgan poll gives National 48 per cent, up two points in a month.

Labour is down one point to 26 per cent and the Greens up half a point to 13 per cent - a total of 39 per cent.

NZ First is down one point to eight per cent.

On those poll ratings, if an election was held now National would be able to govern with its two existing support partners, ACT's David Seymour and United Future's Peter Dunne, assuming they held their seats.

National's support is at its highest in the Roy Morgan poll since Bill English became prime minister in early December.

A One News Colmar Brunton poll released on February 19 had National down four points to 46 per cent, and support for Labour and the Greens at 41 per cent.

On the Colmar Brunton ratings NZ First, with 11 per cent, would hold the balance of power.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon