You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

NZ condemns Syrian chemical weapons attack

NZ Newswire logoNZ Newswire 4/04/2017
Replay Video

Foreign Minister Murray McCully has condemned the chemical weapons attack in Syria which is reported to have killed at least 70 people, including 10 children.

"I was appalled to learn of another attack in an area where chemical weapons have previously been used," he said.

"We join others in calling for a full investigation into the atrocity and for the perpetrators to be held to account."

CNN reports the air strikes hit the rebel held city of Khan Sheikho on Wednesday.

The Syrian military denied using chemical weapons and said rebels were responsible.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon