You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Porirua boy burnt in petrol can blast

NZ NewswireNZ Newswire 25/06/2016

An 11-year-old boy has suffered burns to his face after a petrol can exploded in Porirua.

Ambulance staff and firefighters were called to a house in the suburb of Ascot Park on Saturday afternoon following the explosion.

The petrol can blaze had been put out by the time firefighters arrived, Fire Service central communications shift manager Mike Wanoa says.

The boy suffered serious burns and would be taken to hospital, a Wellington Free Ambulance spokeswoman says.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon