You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Smoke at Christchurch retirement village

NZ Newswire logoNZ Newswire 14/10/2016

Firefighters are at the Diana Isaac Retirement Village in Christchurch after a room at the facility filled with smoke.

A firefighter at the scene told NZ Newswire a machine had overheated on Friday afternoon.

As he packed away his breathing apparatus, he said it was lucky his crew were called as they arrived just in time to ensure a fire didn't break out.

There was no damage or injuries.

A spokesman from the home said the problem was in the power supply to the telephone system.

There was some smoke in the room, which set off the fire alarms, but no fire.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon