You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Two taken to hospital after gas incident

NZ Newswire logoNZ Newswire 18/04/2017

One person fell unconscious from a possible gas leak in a Hamilton building and firefighters have been trying to find the source.

Emergency services were called to pharmaceutical company ProPharma in Aztec Place just after 5pm on Tuesday.

A Fire Service spokesman says there was a smell of an unknown gas and one person who had been helped out by other staff collapsed and was unconscious.

The building and others around it were cleared and about 14 people were decontaminated with showers at a nearby sports building.

Two were taken to Waikato Hospital.

Gas and chemical detectors failed to pick up anything and investigations are set to continue in the morning.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon