You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Waitemata Harbour search called off

NZ Newswire logoNZ Newswire 5/06/2017

The search for a man who fell overboard from a charter boat in Auckland's harbour has been called off.

Tevita Kava, 29, from Mangere, fell overboard during the inner harbour cruise on Saturday night.

There was a search on water and land, involving both the Police Maritime Unit, Eagle helicopter, Land Search & Rescue, Coastguard, the Harbourmaster, Navy and volunteers, on Sunday and Monday.

A significant area of Waitemata Harbour had been searched with no success, police said on Tuesday morning.

A decision has been made to suspend the search and the family had been informed, they said in a statement.

Worksafe has been notified.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon