You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Wellington school closed by bomb threat

NZ NewswireNZ Newswire 24/05/2016

Students from St Patrick's College in Wellington have been sent home for the day following an anonymous bomb threat.

The Kilbirnie school received the threat, which police described as "an email of concern", on Wednesday morning.

"After discussion with the police we decided to evacuate the college," the school said on its website.

The school, which has a roll of around 800, would reopen on Thursday.

Police said they were at the school and investigating.

Earlier this year a number of schools around the country receive phone calls - thought to be part of an overseas-based hoax - outlining threats.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon