You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Blaze at SA home sparked by candles

AAP logoAAP 24/11/2016

Candles left burning without anyone around have sparked a fire at a South Australian home that has downed its roof and exposed asbestos hazards.

Flames had engulfed the lounge of the Murray Bridge house and were spreading to its collapsing roof when firefighters arrived on Thursday night.

No one was home at the time of fire, which left about $200,000 in damage and was caused by unattended candles, the Metropolitan Fire Service says.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon