You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Central Qld man remains on the run

AAP logoAAP 1/11/2016 David Sigston

Police are still hunting a sex offender who fled from Rockhampton District Court moments after being convicted in September.

The 33-year-old man forced his way out of the dock after being found guilty of sex offences on September 29.

Speaking to reporters last week, Acting Inspector Luke Peachey said police believed the man had been travelling between Gladstone and Rockhampton.

Inspector Peachey said the manhunt was considered "high priority" and reminded members of the public who may be helping him, the man had been found guilty.

"We want to make sure he is answerable for those offences," Inspector Peachey told The Morning Bulletin.

The manhunt continues amid concerns being raised over the security of Queensland courts.

Shadow Attorney-General Ian Walker said he had received messages from court staff expressing concerns about their safety.

"I don't think the public, or the staff working at the courts can feel absolutely secure at the moment," Mr Walker told ABC radio.

There have been three other escapes from court custody in the past year in Queensland.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon