You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Cigarette sparks Adelaide house fire

AAP logoAAP 16/11/2016

A couple and a teenage girl have escaped a blaze at an Adelaide home that was likely caused by a tossed-aside cigarette.

The fire was sparked in the garage of the family's Salisbury home early on Thursday and was beginning to spread when firefighters arrived.

The blaze has left about $100,000 in damage and the Metropolitan Fire Service believes a cigarette discarded in the garage was the cause.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon