You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Disabled student sexually assaulted on bus

AAP logoAAP 20/12/2016

A Victorian bus company has lost its contract with a Melbourne school after a disabled student was sexually assaulted on one of its buses by another student.

ABC's 7.30 program revealed on Tuesday that the teenager's family was seeking legal advice after the filmed incident on a bus, which was supposed to be supervised by a chaperone.

The ABC says the 16-year-old was repeatedly encouraged to give another student, whose genitals were exposed for much of the video, oral sex on the bus.

His mother found the selfie-style video on her son's mobile phone, which had been taken by another student, who also has an intellectual disability.

Education Minister James Merlino has commissioned an independent investigation into the school's handling of the incident involving the teenager.

He told AAP in a statement the contract between Crown Coaches and Monash Special Development School had been terminated and further action will be taken if the company cannot show that proper safety measures are in place across all bus routes.

An education department spokesman described the incident as "deeply concerning and unacceptable".

Victoria Police confirmed they had investigated the matter - which occurred in Wheelers Hill in May - and no charges have been laid.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon