You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

End-of-year results due for Qld Year 12s

AAP logoAAP 16/12/2016 Stuart Layt

Tens of thousands of Queensland school leavers will find out their Year 12 results when OP or overall position scores are released on Saturday.

However the once ubiquitous end-of-year result is being slowly phased out, with only just more than half the state's 51,613 Year 12 students actually receiving an OP.

The rest are getting a Tertiary Entrance Statement, which is part of a planned transition from the OP system to the national Australian Tertiary Entrance Rank from 2020, bringing Queensland in line with most other states.

Seven-hundred-and-forty students are due to receive the coveted top rank of OP1, nine more than last year, while 21,403 students will receive an OP between 1 and 15.

Education Minister Kate Jones congratulated all students and said anyone who didn't get the result they wanted still had options.

"Students who are disappointed can upgrade their results, seek an alternative entry route to university or access a training program to develop their skills," Ms Jones said.

Annual surveys of Queensland Year 12s show 87 per cent of school leavers are enrolled in further study, training or have a job within six months of leaving school.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon