You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Fumes close Tas hospital emergency dept

AAP logoAAP 16/10/2016 Kaitlyn Offer

A hospital emergency department in Tasmania has been closed due to fumes from an overheated exhaust fan.

The fan overheated in the Mersey Community Hospital emergency department toilets about noon on Sunday.

Patients have been relocated and no new patients will be admitted until further notice.

A temporary triage area has been created at the emergency waiting room, however patients needing treatment are told to phone triple-zero in an emergency or make their way to North West Regional Hospital in Burnie.

Industrial fans have been brought in to clear the fumes.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon