You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Ice contributed to Tas footy shed death

AAP logoAAP 23/09/2016

After leaving the footy field complaining of a hamstring strain a Tasmanian man injected himself with an unintentionally fatal dose of the drug ice and was later found dead in the change room shower, a coroner has found.

Paul Marcus White, 42, died in June 2014 at the regional centre of Railton in the state's northwest and on Friday coroner Olivia McTaggart published her findings, concluding he died from the combined effect of heart disease and methylamphetamine intoxication.

"The tragic and untimely death of Mr White highlights the chronic effects of methylamphetamine use upon the heart as well as the toxic consequences of a single injected quantity," she said, noting Mr White's history of illicit drug use and the discovery of a used syringe in his backpack.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon