You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Man, 83, dead on Melbourne footpath

AAP logoAAP 28/11/2016 Kaitlyn Offer

An elderly man has died on a Melbourne footpath and a 90-year-old is being interviewed by police after a reported neighbourhood dispute.

The 83-year-old man died at Joffre Court, Reservoir, with emergency services called about 1pm on Monday.

The exact circumstances surrounding the death are yet to be established and investigators will wait on the results of a post-mortem examination to be done on Tuesday, police say.

"A 90-year-old man is currently assisting police with their inquiries," Victoria Police spokesman Luke Zammit said in a statement.

Video footage from the scene showed a body covered in a white sheet lying on a footpath in front of a house.

It has been reported the two men had been locked in a decades-long dispute.

"He shouldn't have died that way. We don't know what's happened," the victim's sister-in-law Rita told the Nine Network.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon