You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Missing Vic mum probe continues

AAP logoAAP 20/12/2016

A two-day search for missing Melbourne mother Karen Ristevski is over and police say they are confident they'll find out what happened to her.

Police, firefighters and SES volunteers on Tuesday returned to the Gisborne and Toolern Vale search area which they scoured metre by metre.

Late on Tuesday, officers left the Toolern Vale search area carrying evidence bags.

Media reports said the bags contained items found in paddocks and bushland that could be linked to the 47-year-old's disappearance.

A Victoria Police spokesman wouldn't comment on what was taken from the site but confirmed the search had been completed.

The head of the missing persons unit, Detective Inspector Stephen Dennis, says police are confident they'll find out what happened to Ms Ristevski.

She hasn't been seen since June 29 when she reportedly left her Avondale Heights home after an argument with her husband Borce.

Ms Ristevski hasn't used her bank accounts or phone since.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon