You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Money fight before Vic disappearance

AAP logoAAP 22/08/2016

The husband of missing Melbourne mum Karen Ristevski has broken his silence over her disappearance.

Borce Ristevski has told the Herald Sun they argued over a "sum of hundreds of dollars" before her mysterious disappearance.

Ms Ristevski, 47, has not been seen since June 29, when she left her Avondale Heights home after an argument with her husband.

Police hold grave fears for her welfare and have searched the Maribyrnong River for her body on at least two occasions.

"My main concern is getting everyone to understand that Karen hasn't done a runner on the basis of our finances," Mr Ristevski told the newspaper.

"It had nothing to do with our financial situation."

Mr Ristevski also dismissed claims by his estranged son Anthony Rickard, a confessed ice user, that he overheard Ms Ristevski talking about leaving Borce when their daughter Sarah turned 21.

Sarah celebrated her birthday earlier this year.

Earlier this month police stepped up their search for the missing mum, setting up an information caravan in the hope it would generate some fresh leads.

They also took the unusual step to call on anyone who had information, including family members or people that knew the Ristevski family, to have the "courage" to come forward.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon