You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Navy man accused of NSW teen sex assault

AAP logoAAP 20/08/2016

A member of the Australian navy has been accused of sexually assaulting his teenage daughter's friend during a boozy sleepover at his Sydney home.

The 39-year-old kissed and hugged both girls and when his advances towards the friend intensified, the daughter "laughed" at her friend's concern, court documents tendered by police to Parramatta Bail Court say.

Other family members, including the father's girlfriend, were in the house throughout the evening, but did not see what happened, the documents say.

The girl, who is in year 9 with his daughter at a Sydney high school, had already slept two nights at the home and was preparing to leave on June 8, 2015, when her friend insisted she stay another night.

At dinner time the daughter requested alcohol but the friend declined because she had never had any before.

The daughter encouraged her to drink and her father refilled their glasses multiple times.

Police allege he took photos of the girls making "funny faces", then sat down and wrapped his arms around them.

The teenage guest told her friend she felt uncomfortable but was told "it was okay and it was just the alcohol", the documents state.

Police allege he later poured the girls two large pink champagne glasses and, while the daughter was in the bathroom, hugged and tongue-kissed the friend.

The court documents state the girl pushed him away and ran to tell his daughter what had happened, but she laughed and said "not to worry".

The friend tried to text someone about what had happened but the daughter "snatched" the iPad from her and threw it under her bed.

Police allege the father groped and tongue-kissed the friend again, this time whispering: "You've been a very naughty girl."

The friend pushed him away and told the daughter about it, who again was "dismissive", the documents say.

After the incident, the father allegedly messaged the friend on Facebook and told her he had had "sexual relations with other 16-year-old girls before".

He was arrested at his home on Friday and charged with grooming and three counts of indecent assault.

On Saturday at Parramatta Bail Court police prosecutor Lachlan Kirby opposed bail for the man, saying he was a risk to the community.

The magistrate granted bail until the man's next court appearance at Hornsby on August 31.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon