You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Neglected chips lead to SA house blaze

AAP logoAAP 15/12/2016

A woman has fled a blaze at a South Australian home sparked by neglected chips left cooking on a stove.

Fire crews were called to the Whyalla Norrie home at 11.15am on Thursday after oil from the unwatched chips ignited and the flames spread.

Authorities say the blaze has caused at least $15,000 in damage but the woman, who stopped watching the chips to use her phone, escaped unscathed.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon