You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Palmer loses another QN stall bid

AAP logoAAP 19/09/2016 Alexandra Patrikios

Clive Palmer has lost another legal bid to stall any future examination over the collapse of Queensland Nickel.

The businessman's barrister Nicholas Ferrett appeared in the Federal Court in Brisbane on Monday seeking an adjournment of his summons.

He told the court the orders were partially sought on the basis an application for a stay of proceedings had been filed in the High Court "about 20 minutes ago".

It comes after a bid to the nation's highest court was also made last week to stop Mr Palmer having to return to give further evidence, with the matter to be heard in early November.

But Registrar Murray Belcher refused to make orders for a two-week adjournment after hearing any future examinations would not proceed before October 31.

He said he didn't think circumstances had changed significantly enough since last week, when a similar order was sought, to justify the general adjournment request.

This means general purpose liquidators, as compared to special purpose liquidators, are empowered to quiz Mr Palmer in the future.

During the hearing, PPB Advisory counsel Tom Sullivan said Mr Palmer liked to talk about natural justice but continually brought applications in an "entirely unsatisfactory" manner.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon