You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Qld child photographer charged with rape

AAP logoAAP 25/10/2016 Sarah Motherwell

A Queensland photographer charged with a string of child sex offences has been banned from photographing children while unsupervised.

The man, who cannot be named, is charged with several counts of indecent treatment and five counts of rape relating to victims who were aged between nine and 13 at the time but are now adults.

The alleged victims were not clients of the man's business, which specialises in child photography.

The Brisbane District Court heard on Tuesday the allegations only came to light last year and were claimed to have taken place at a sleepover hosted by a family friend.

Prosecutor Sally Dreghorn told the court the fact the man's work specifically involved photographing children had only come to the prosecution's attention recently.

Defence lawyer Anne Connell said her client already had a strict business policy not to take photos of unsupervised minors and there was no evidence wrongdoing had occurred at the man's workplace.

Judge Paul Smith said the man was facing serious charges and ordered the supervision condition be added to his bail.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon