You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

SA crash a terrible tragedy: premier

AAP logoAAP 8/10/2016

The crash that claimed the life of an Adelaide woman when her car was hit by a stolen ute is a shocking tragedy, South Australian Premier Jay Weatherill says.

Nicole Tucker, 48, was killed on Thursday night when her car was one of three hit by the ute, which police allege was travelling at more than 160km/h.

The driver, a 15-year-old boy, and his 17-year-old passenger have been charged with multiple offences and are being held in youth detention.

"I can't imagine what it's like for that family to have a loved member, who was minding their own business, going about their affairs, to be killed by such a reckless act of criminality," Mr Weatherill said on Saturday.

"It's just a shocking tragedy."

Ms Tucker's family issued a statement on Friday and said they were devastated by the senseless loss of life.

"Nicole was a very loving mother and wife," they said.

"Her life cut short too early."

Mr Weatherill said while the court process was now in motion, he hoped those responsible would be brought to justice.

He described the alleged driving as "reckless and dangerous".

Police alleged the driver had earlier broken into a house in Onkaparinga Hills and had stolen the ute.

He was charged with aggravated dangerous driving causing death, the illegal use of a vehicle and serious criminal trespass.

The older boy was charged with illegal use of a vehicle and breach of bail.

The pair will return to court on November 2.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon