You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

SA power network restored

AAP logoAAP 12/10/2016

South Australia's full energy network has finally been restored after last month's damaging storms which brought down major transmission lines in the mid-north, causing a statewide blackout.

The third of three damaged circuits was re-energised on Wednesday, two weeks after destructive winds brought down more than 20 transmission towers.

Transmission company ElectraNet says industrial customers now have full load levels available to them.

"I am pleased to advise that full access to the South Australian transmission network has been restored to all of our customers across the state," chief executive Steve Masters said.

"This is a significant achievement that will allow work to begin on permanent repairs.

"While the design and scheduling details are still being confirmed, we expect permanent towers to be in place over the coming months, provided weather conditions remain stable.

Mr Masters said ElectraNet staff and contractors were to be commended for their commitment and determination to restore South Australia's transmission network as quickly and safely as possible.

"The enormity of this task, including all of its safety requirements, should not be underestimated and I am extremely proud of what they have achieved," he said.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon