You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Sara Connor's ex-husband cancels media event

AAP logoAAP 23/08/2016

The ex-husband of Sara Connor, the Australian mother accused of participating in the murder of a Bali policeman, will not front the media today following advice from the Federal government.

Ms Connor and her British boyfriend David Taylor have faced days of interrogation after they were arrested over the death of Wayan Sudarsa, whose bloodied body was found on Kuta Beach in the early hours of Wednesday last week.

Her ex-husband Anthony "Twig" Connor, who is the father of her two sons aged nine and 11, was due to make a statement on behalf of the family in Sydney.

Sara Connor © AAP Image/Sherpa Relations Sara Connor "Late last night we were advised by the Australian Government not to hold the conference", a statement from a family spokeswoman said on Wednesday.

The spokeswoman apologised for any inconvenience caused by cancelling the 10am event and said an update will be made "in due course".

Ms Connor is expected to face a charge of participating in a murder after Mr Taylor allegedly admitted to hitting Mr Sudarsa with a phone, binoculars and a beer bottle.

Speaking outside Denpasar Police Station on Tuesday, the district's police chief Hadi Purnomo said they now believe Mr Taylor's first account was "a lie".

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon