You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Sydney man fatally shot in targeted attack

AAP logoAAP 11/11/2016 Lisa Robinson

A man has been killed after he was shot once in the neck in a targeted attack at a northwestern Sydney home.

Police responded to reports of a shooting at a home on Windsor Road in Baulkham Hills on Friday night and found a 20-year-old man who had been shot.

He was taken to Westmead Hospital in a critical condition and died a short time later.

At a nearby home police arrested a 29-year-old man who has been taken to Hornsby Hospital, where he is being assessed for pre-existing, but non-life-threatening, injuries.

Several firearms, ammunition and drugs have allegedly been seized from his home and taken for examination.

The pair were known to each other, police say.

"All the information provided to detectives so far tells us the men have known each other for some time; while they are not next-door neighbours, they do live in close proximity," The Hills Local Area Commander, Superintendent Robert Critchlow said on Saturday.

It is too early to speculate on a motive for the shooting, he said.

"Investigators have spoken to number of people at the scene, but they need more information about the actual shooting as well as the circumstances leading up to the confrontation last night."

Police and SES volunteers continue to comb the area around the crime scene.

A 19-year-old who allegedly attempted to "breach the crime scene" on Saturday morning was arrested but has been released from custody without charge.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon