You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Teen admits involvement in fatal SA crash

AAP logoAAP 30/11/2016 Rick Goodman

An Adelaide teenager has pleaded guilty to being a passenger in a stolen ute that a 15-year-old accomplice crashed at high speed, killing a mother of two.

The 17-year-old also admitted to stealing the ute and being unlicensed as well as trespassing and other offences when he appeared in Adelaide Youth Court on Wednesday.

The court heard the two boys broke into a home in Morphett Vale in October and stole the vehicle and other valuable items, later filling up with petrol and driving off without paying.

"You stole car keys, a laptop, a mobile phone, an iPad and a utility," Magistrate Cathy Deland said as she read the charges.

The 15-year-old previously pleaded guilty to causing death by dangerous driving over the fiery crash in Bedford Park that killed 48-year-old Nicole Tucker.

The ute was speeding along the Southern Expressway at about 150km/h at night when it slammed into Mrs Tucker's car, which burst into flames.

After the crash Mrs Tucker's family said they were devastated by the senseless death of their beloved mother and wife.

The passenger, who appeared in court by video link wearing a grey tracksuit, will undergo a psychological assessment as he awaits sentencing.

He was remanded in custody to return to court on February 2, while the younger boy will be back on January 20.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon