You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Thieves warned about toxic gas stash

AAP logoAAP 12/10/2016

Fifty cartridges containing toxic a gas used to kill foxes have been stolen from a southeast Queensland property.

Their disappearance has caused police to issue a safety warning to the thieves who took the Den-Co-Fume cartridges from a Meadowvale property last weekend.

The cartridges, which contain sodium nitrate and carbon, are easily ignited and emit a dark black smoke that dissipates an odourless gas.

Inhalation of the fumes can cause headaches, nausea, dizziness, weakness, unconsciousness and possibly death to humans.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon