You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Vic shooting victim charged over gun

AAP logoAAP 29/09/2016 Jacqueline Le

A Melbourne man charged by police after he drove himself to hospital with gunshot wounds to his face and chest is worried he won't receive proper medical attention in custody.

Nabil Maghnie appeared in the Melbourne Magistrates' Court on Thursday charged with seven offences including three related to his own shooting on September 22.

The 40-year-old was shot through the windscreen of his car a week ago but managed to drive himself to Epping Hospital about 1.20am.

He was later transferred to the Royal Melbourne Hospital.

Maghnie remained in hospital for five days and was discharged on Monday.

"He is suffering from a bullet wound to the face and chest," his lawyer Michael Tovey QC told the court.

"He has very significant ongoing issues in respect to pain and infection."

Mr Tovey said his client had not received medical treatment since he was taken into custody on Wednesday.

"We are anxious," the barrister said.

"There are some issues with the lungs."

Maghnie has been charged with being a prohibited person in possession of a firearm, dealing with $23,000 in cash suspected of being proceeds of crime and breaching bail in relation to the September 22 shooting.

It's unclear where it took place. Police have previously appealed for help to locate the crime scene.

Maghnie has also been charged with possessing growth hormones on Wednesday when he was arrested.

He also faces charges of affray and assault linked to a South Melbourne incident on August 13.

Maghnie allegedly damaged property at Gotham City Brothel in South Melbourne that day, court documents suggest.

He has been remanded in custody and is scheduled to return to court on October 5 for a bail application.

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon