You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Woman charged over Gold Coast shooting

AAP logoAAP 4/12/2016 David Sigston

A woman who allegedly fled the scene of a shooting death on the Gold Coast last week has surrendered to police.

The 31-year-old woman allegedly fled in a Holden commodore with an 18-year-old man who has since been charged with murder over the death of 41-year-old Jason Boyd on Friday.

Accompanied by her lawyer, she handed herself into police on Sunday afternoon and has been charged with unlawful use of a motor vehicle.

She will appear in Southport Magistrates Court on Monday.

Taylor Ruatara, 18, faced Southport Magistrates Court on Saturday charged with Mr Boyd's murder.

Ruatara will re-appear in court on February 21 for a committal hearing mention.

The teenager's lawyer Michael Gatenby said Ruatara says he found the gun at the Carrara property while attending a party, and didn't realise it was real.

"He advised police that the gun has accidentally discharged," Mr Gatenby told AAP on the weekend.

"His version is that it belonged to the deceased."

image beaconimage beaconimage beacon