You are using an older browser version. Please use a supported version for the best MSN experience.

Extension cord sparks six-hour fire in Valenzuela

GMA News Online logo GMA News Online 3/20/2017 Galarpe, Karen
Fire hits Valenzuela storage area, March 19, 2017 © Jamie Santos Fire hits Valenzuela storage area, March 19, 2017

An extension cord that sparked has been pinpointed as the cause of a fire that hit a storage area of plastic items in Valenzuela City on Sunday, a report on Unang Balita on Monday said.

"Biglang nag-apoy 'yung extension cord na ginagamit then all of a sudden biglang lumaki (ang apoy)," Bureau of Fire Protection regional director for National Capital Region Sr. Supt. Wilberto Rico Neil Kwan Tiu said in the report of GMA News' Jamie Santos.

The fire on Sunday afternoon broke past 1 p.m. and lasted for more than six hours before firemen were able to put it out at past 7 p.m.

Firemen had to bore a hole on a wall to provide an entry point into the burning storage area.

The fire reached Task Force Bravo.

A resident said they heard a loud pop before they saw smoke and fire.

Firemen had to use chemicals to put out the fire.

No one was injured in the fire.

Damage to property was estimated to be at P10 million. —KG, GMA News

More From GMA News Online

GMA News Online
GMA News Online
image beaconimage beaconimage beacon